Our Entertainment Assistance Program functions as an entryway and guide through The Fund’s many programs when you’re facing personal or work-related problems. It is also a conduit for emergency financial assistance in times of pressing need or in response to catastrophic events.
With a focus on support and education, our Entertainment Assistance Program services include:
- One-on-one counseling and referrals to helpful resources
- Assistance in locating legal and health services
- Information on affordable housing and advice in dealing with landlord/tenant issues
- Seminars and groups on topics such as financial wellness and coping with depression
- Emergency financial assistance for basic living expenses such as rent or medical expenses
Any performing arts or entertainment professional may call on the Entertainment Assistance Program for support, information or referrals to community agencies.
Eligibility for financial assistance requires an application, documentation of your professional earnings and an interview and in general is based on:
- A minimum of five years of industry paid employment with earnings of at least $6,500 for three out of the last five years, or
- Twenty years of industry paid employment with a minimum of ten years of earnings of at least $5,000 for each of those years, and
- Financial need
For Assistance, Please Contact:
We provide assistance nationally. Please contact our regional office closest to you.
New York City
212.221.7300, ext. 119
323.933.9244, ext. 455
Related Sites & Organizations
The Motion Picture Players Welfare Fund (MPPWF) is an emergency financial assistance fund of the Screen Actors Guild that can assist eligible members who are struggling with a financial, personal or medical crisis.
The Emergency Financial Assistance Program covers financial, medical and personal emergencies. Eligibility is based on at least five years in the industry or credited contribution to six commercially released recordings or videos.
Temporary emergency financial assistance is available for qualifying industry members in Southern California who are in financial hardship due to illness, disability, unemployment or other reasons.
This HUD-certified nonprofit will assist homeowners with unaffordable mortgages and work with you to restructure your existing mortgage by permanently reducing the interest rate to achieve an affordable payment plan.
Maryland Educational Assistance Grant is awarded to Maryland residents at four year and two year colleges and universities.