Looking Ahead is an innovative program of The Actors Fund tailored to help young performers and their families in Southern California address the unique issues associated with working in the entertainment industry.
Looking Ahead supports young performers between the ages of 9 and 18 in developing the values, skills and confidence they need to make successful transitions to fulfilling adult lives. Looking Ahead was developed in cooperation with the SAG-AFTRA Young Performers Committee.
Looking Ahead programs and services aim to build a community of support for young performers. Services include:
- Educational counseling to help create an action plan for the future
- Individual, family and group counseling to address communication, relationship and peer-related issues
- Informational and Educational Seminars to inform and educate young performers and parents about the issues relevant to their lives
- Programs for parents aimed at providing support, information and community
- Group activities for young performers to connect with one another in a supervised setting
- Community volunteer initiative for participants to identify volunteer projects and make a commitment to serving a particular community or organization
Young Performers between the ages of 9 and 18, living in Southern California, who are union members and have representation or can demonstrate two years of earnings as a performer.
For Assistance, Please Contact:
Looking Ahead Social Work Supervisor
323.933.9422, ext. 422
or visit our Looking Ahead website.
The Looking Ahead Awards is an annual fundraising gala held in Hollywood each December to raise support and awareness for our Looking Ahead program services for the young performer community.
Related Sites & Organizations
A national child care resource agency that connects parents with local child care agencies and resources. Provides information on availability of child care subsidies, choosing the right child care, licensing, accreditation and child care options.
Contains information for families including publications (brochures, articles, books & journals) on early education and child development. They administer "Young Children," an award winning peer reviewed journal on a range of young children issues that is published bi-monthly.
Contains information on pregnancy, babies, toddlers, children 2-13, activities, being a mother, recipes and family products and toys. The site also includes blogs, forums and links to child safety organizations, party planning, kids' games and other resources for parents.