A Performer’s Guide to Eating Healthy on a Budget (NY)
How does a performer maintain a healthy diet when they are constantly running to rehearsals and shows? This free workshop will teach you how to prepare quick & nutritious meals on a budget.
Erica Vinas RD, CDN, CDE is currently a Consulting Nutritionist and Diabetes Educator in Riverdale, New York. She has been working in her field for over 30 years for organizations such as Peeksill Area Health Center, Hudson Valley Hospital Center, and Columbia. Her mission is to help people realize their fitness objectives, to feel good, attain optimal health and improve their quality of life.
Erica has facilitated several lectures for Readers Digest, Local 3, and Senior Centers including: Diabetes Education Workshops, Heart Disease Prevention and Treatment, How to Keep your Mind Sharp and live to 100, Probiotics: Benefits and Food Sources, Fish Sustainability, and Food Demonstrations.
Topics discussed will include:
- Learn how to incorporate sustainable eating into low cost menu planning
- How to stock your house with basic food staples
- How to create an effective shopping list
- How to determine which fruits and veggies are in season
- Great menu ideas that are tasty and affordable
- 5 ways to stretch your dollar at the grocery store
- Cooking in Bulk to Freeze
- Food Demonstration & Taste Tasting: Easy Recipes for 1- Skillet Meals
The Friedman Health Center
12th Floor Conference Room
729 7th Avenue
New York, NY