Our program enables dancers to define their career possibilities while developing the skills necessary to excel in a variety of disciplines in order to thrive during all phases of their careers.
Founded in 1985, Career Transition For Dancers enables dancers to define their career possibilities and develop the skills necessary to excel in a variety of disciplines outside of dance.
Core program services include
- Career Counseling and Guidance Program
- Scholarship and Grant Program
Dancers are also eligible to receive individual and group counseling services, referrals for healthcare and health insurance and, where eligible, access to emergency financial assistance.
The first step in becoming a participant is to attend a Career Center Orientation. Orientations are held every non-holiday Monday in both New York and Los Angeles, as well as on Thursdays in Burbank. (See our workshop calendar for upcoming dates.)
If you are unable to attend our in-person orientations, national online info sessions are held the second and fourth Thursday of the month via Zoom (Click here to register).
For dancers interested in career counseling and guidance:
- Active Dancers: must currently be working professionally (or within the last 12 months) in the performing arts and/or entertainment industry
- Former Dancers: must have a minimum of seven years paid employment in the performing arts and/or entertainment industry
- Pre-professional Dancers: must be currently enrolled in a competitive dance/training/education program and intend to derive income as a professional dancer
For dancers interested in educational grants and scholarships:
- Please contact the Career Counselor nearest to you regarding eligibility criteria and your education and training goals.
For Assistance, Please Contact:
We provide assistance nationally. For more information and an application, please contact our regional office closest to you to talk to a career counselor regarding eligibility criteria and your education and training goals.
New York City
Patch Schwadron, Senior Career Counselor
Maryellen Langhout, Career Counselor
Sophia Kozak, Career Counselor