SAG-AFTRA Motion Picture Players Welfare Fund (MPPWF) is an emergency financial assistance fund that can assist eligible members who are struggling with a financial, personal or medical crisis.
SAG-AFTRA contracts with The Actors Fund to administer the MPPWF, as well as provide an array of services to meet each member’s needs. Services include:
- Counseling and referrals for personal, family or work-related problems
- Links to community resources for legal services, elder care, entitlement benefits or child care
- Workshops on affordable housing, financial education and health insurance options
- Financial assistance is available for rent, utilities, mental health and medical care, as well as other basic living expenses
- Grants are approved on a case-by case basis, based on need
All SAG-AFTRA members should feel free to call The Actors Fund for information, referrals and access to our social services. To be eligible for financial assistance from MPPWF you must be:
- Living in the New York tri-state area or a member of one of the following locals: Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, Michigan, Missouri Valley, Nashville, New England, New Orleans, New York, Ohio-Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Twin Cities and Washington - Mid Atlantic
- A SAG-AFTRA member for at least six dues periods
- A member in good standing at the time of application or be vested for pension purposes
- Able to document a need for emergency financial assistance
For Assistance, Please Contact:
For more information and an application, please contact our regional office closest to you.
New York City
212.221.7300, ext. 119