The Stage Directors and Choreographers Society (SDC) has contracted with The Actors Fund to provide a free, confidential Members Assistance Program (MAP) for all SDC members.
These services are designed to provide support and find solutions to a wide range of personal or work-related problems. Whether it is a simple question or a complex problem, you can contact The SDC MAP 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The SDC MAP services include:
- Short term counseling, support and referrals to help address a wide range of personal, family and work issues including stress, depression, anxiety, family pressures, marital and relationship difficulties, domestic violence and bereavement
- Assessment and referrals for substance abuse or addiction to a wide variety of treatment programs, such as detoxification, inpatient rehabilitation, halfway houses, sober living houses and outpatient treatment programs. Our social workers remain in contact throughout treatment, providing support and ongoing case management to help the member or eligible family member achieve and maintain sobriety/abstinence. In addition, our social workers can work with family members, partners or friends in dealing with the effects of addiction
- Information and referrals to community resources for such concerns as childcare, elder care, public and community benefits, financial assistance and legal services
- All referrals take insurance benefits and any financial constraints into account
- Work/life seminars on such topics as financial management, health insurance and access to healthcare
- Management consultation, direct evaluation and assistance with problem resolution for troubled employees whose problems are interfering with their ability to perform their job
All SDC members are eligible for MAP services
For Assistance, Please Contact:
For emergencies on evenings and weekends only, call 212.621.7780