2021 The Virtual Creative Classroom Symposium (PT)
Webinar Hours: 10:00am - 2:00pm PT/ 12:00pm - 4:00pm CT / 1:00pm - 5:00pm ET
The Career Center at The Actors Fund Presents The Virtual Creative Classroom:
An Arts Education Symposium for the Entertainment and Performing Arts Communities
Are you interested in becoming a teaching artist to supplement your work in the industry?
Already working as a teaching artist, but would like to explore new virtual and in-classroom job opportunities?
• Learn how teaching artists are joining virtual hybrid model classrooms during these challenging times.
• Discover effective ways to navigate the employment landscape as a teaching artist.
With 20 years of experience in the arts education field and 22 years as a professional dancer, Shelby Williams-González has a career made up of overlapping networks. Artist, educator and leader, Shelby is always pushing for social change. As the new President and CEO of Inner-City Arts, Shelby brings her extensive experience to this role. She also serves on the Board of Directors of Suarez Dance Theater and is a member of the Los Angeles Chapter for the Undoing Racism Collective.
Arts Education Organizations Represented:
- Arts for LA
- Inner-City Arts
- LA County Arts Ed Collective
- Teaching Artist Guild
- Wallace Annenberg Center for the Arts
Topics To Be Discussed:
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL)
- Social Justice
- Teaching The Arts Through Virtual Platforms And Hybrid Models
- Teaching Artist Best Practices
- Shelby William-Gonzalez, President, CEO, Inner-City Arts - Keynote Speaker
- Mark Slavkin, Director of Education, Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts - Arts Education Leadership Panel Moderator
- Kimberleigh Aarn, Arts Education Consultant, LA County Arts Ed Collective – Arts Education Leadership Panelist
- Sandy Seufert, Arts Education Consultant, LA County Arts Ed Collective – Arts Education Leadership Panelist
- Gustavo Herrera, Executive Director, Arts for LA – Arts Education Leadership Panelist
- Dr. Mariana Astorga-Almanza, Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator, Lynwood Unified School District – Arts Education Leadership Panelist
- Heleya de Barros, Co-Executive Director, Teaching Artist Guild – Teaching Artist Presenter
- Victor Sawyer, Teaching Artist, Teaching Artist Guild – Teaching Artist Presenter
Join us, your entertainment/performing arts colleagues and leaders in the Arts Education Community
Via Zoom Webinar
Webinar will begin at the scheduled time, so please be prompt. Log in a few minutes early to ensure your device is operational.