LinkedIn Suite for Entertainment | Units 1-3 (ET)
Workshop Hours: 12:00pm - 2:30pm PT / 2:00pm - 4:30pm CT/ 3:00pm - 5:30pm ET
LinkedIn Suite for Entertainment
The Career Center’s Linkedin Suite for Entertainment program seeks to provide arts workers with the LinkedIn skills and knowledge needed to engage with the platform in a meaningful way and will help you explore how to market yourself for the career paths you’re actively pursuing. While we encourage you to participate in all units of the LinkedIn series for an optimal experience; it is not required to participate in each unit. Participants should feel free to only attend units that best fit their needs.
Unit 1: Profile Development Basics | July 6th
In this hands-on session, entertainment professionals will have the opportunity to review LinkedIn’s mission and frequently asked questions related to utilizing LinkedIn as a professional with a creative background. In addition, participants will receive a profile tutorial focusing on the following sections:
- Skills & Endorsements
Unit 2: LinkedIn Purpose & Opportunity Searching | July 8th
Are you ready to take your LinkedIn skills to the next level? This course will provide you with advanced LinkedIn strategies that are guaranteed to help increase your profile views and grow your network in a meaningful way! In this session we will review the following LinkedIn areas:
- Explore your LinkedIn Purpose: Why do you want to use LinkedIn? What opportunities are you hoping to gain by utilizing the platform?
- Job Searching Tutorial: Receive an in-depth overview of how to use LinkedIn's job search features.
Unit 3: Networking & Content Creation | July 9th
Are you ready to take your LinkedIn skills to the next level? This course will provide you with the advanced LinkedIn strategies that are guaranteed to help increase your profile views and grow your network in a meaningful way! In this session we will review the following LinkedIn areas:
- Networking: Discuss effective strategies that will help you meet new meaningful connections and increase informational interviews.
- Content Creation: Learn how to write quality LinkedIn content that will help you accelerate your LinkedIn presence.
- 15-Day Challenge Instructions (optional): The Challenge is an opportunity for you to apply the strategies you've learned with an accountability group for support. Unit 3 is required for anyone interested in participating in the Challenge.
#TheCreativeLife LinkedIn Challenge
Challenger Kickoff: Monday, July 12th (recorded for those who cannot attend)
Upcoming Challenge Dates: July 14th - July 28th
Prerequisite: Unit 3, Networking & Content Creation
The Challenge is an immersive social media experience that will provide participants with the opportunity to practice using the platform with substantial accountability and technical support from a staff member of The Career Center and former Challengers. The Challenge includes:
- Publishing content onto the LinkedIn newsfeed
- Daily activities that will strengthen your LinkedIn navigation skills
The Challenger Kickoff takes place 2 days prior (Monday, July 12th) in order to give Challengers a few days to process the guidelines and prepare to carve out time into their schedules to increase their LinkedIn activity.
We look forward to helping you cultivate your LinkedIn presence!
Via Zoom, an online video conferencing system that we will be using for class. You will need a device with internet connectivity to participate.
To access the link to the meeting please register via Zoom.
Class will begin at the scheduled time, so please be prompt. Log in a few minutes early to ensure your device is operational.